Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm Back!

There's a saying in the agency world - 'Always be pitching' - and that is just what I have been doing. So after a rather intense 4 months of pitching with a rewarding win and even a graduation speech back in Canada to 2000 people, I'm back and ready to start blogging again.

Just as these past busy 4 months kicked off, I read an amazing HBR article mentioning how stress isn't the enemy. It mentioned how, like physical training, it's important to push yourself out of your comfort zone and challenge your mind to feel truly engaged, but then intentionally take time after to rest and restore to then be able to amp your ability even further going forward.

So, this time, rather than to just keep going, I took two weeks to find time and focus on my daily projects, run, sleep through an entire evening, take in some exhibits and read. This restoration period was very intentional, and it has worked!

Yesterday, during my run, I found that my brain was suddenly full of inspiration and thoughts for blog posts. But these thoughts wouldn't have been planted had I not pushed myself so hard these past 4 months, and then took the time to rest and let all my thoughts subconsciously come together.

I really challenge anyone to push themselves to be uncomfortable and think hard about problems they haven't solved before, or try to solve a challenge in half the time. Then take time to purposefully relax and rejuvenate - let your mind wonder and have all the things you've been thinking about come together forming clarity of mind. It's rather nice.

Needless to say, I'm excited to start blogging again :)

2 comments:

  1. They can run around through the entire map of Diablo 3 and do diablo 3 gold whatever they please because there is nothing to stop them. CC is there to add difficulty to the game, and is something every class has to deal with. Every class has a way to get out of cc, but only for a limited time, except for barbs they get to play with immunity to it. While I want to buy diablo 3 gold, you know, my items is so bad. Where have to buy d3 gold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The app allows supporters to share their favorite songs across a spread of social networking sites microsoft office 2010 activation key, utilizing the Windows 8 Share charm windows 7 anytime upgrade key, as well as works using the Windows eight Look for attraction.controls.

    ReplyDelete